When selling your property.
The first and one of the most important steps is the up-to-date valuation of your property. Cala Gaviota has been managing properties throughout the south east of Mallorca for over 20 years. We place this expertise and our team of competent professionals at your complete disposal.
Required documents and information.
The following documents, among others, are required for the sale of your property.
- Copy of the title deed or extract from the land register (cadaster) of the property.
- Energy Efficiency Certificate (CEE).
- Certificate of habitability.
- Proof of payment of last year’s municipal taxes (IBI/waste).>
- Certificate from the owners’ association on the current status of payments (for apartment buildings).
Depending on the type of property, these or other documents may be required. Our agents will be happy to assist you and guide you through the sales process.
Possible costs incurred when selling a property:
- Land value tax (Plusvalía Municipal).
- Capital gains tax on income/capital gains.
- Costs for the issuance of the energy certificate.
- Costs for the issuance or renewal of the certificate of habitability (Cédula de habitabilidad).
- Costs for the cancellation of any existing mortgage.
- Lawyer/tax advisor.
- Real estate agent’s fee.
When buying a property
Buying a property is often one of the most important decisions of our lives. That is why, at Inmobiliaria Cala Gaviota, we offer a personalised service to each and every one of our clients, accompanying them step by step all the way to the purchase of the property.
Other aspects to be considered when buying a property.
- Application for a tax number (NIE), which you need if you are not resident in Spain.
- Requesting the extract from the land register
- Types of sales contract:
- Down payment contract
- Option to buy contract
- Purchase contract
- Promise to purchase