Do you wish to buy a property in Mallorca?
Here are some of the tips offered by Cala Gaviota, so that your purchase may be quick and smooth:
- Issues such as:
- How to request a N.I.E. without being a resident
- Is a piece of land buildable and what is its buildability?
- What is the registration status of the property?
- Is there a charge on the property?
- Is the property legal? Is there a way to legalize it?
- Patrimonial Transfer Tax (ITP) * Second hand housing.
- Tax on Documented Legal Acts (AJD) * Newly built housing.
- Value Added Tax (VAT) * 10% (AJD) - 21% (TPO) - Notary fees.
- Property registration expenses for the registration of the deed.
- Mortgage expenses in case of applying for a mortgage.
But don’t worry, the total expenses in second-hand homes are around 10% on the sale price and in newly built homes they can be over 12%.
- Earnest money contract.
- Purchase option contract. - Sales contract.
* Depending on the type of operation and the agreement reached by the buying and selling parties.
The notary should advise him impartially, always supporting over the weaker part, typically the buyer.
We advise you not to sign anything that you do not understand or that you are not fully sure of, because once the documentation is signed, you cannot turn back. If you have any questions, always ask the notary.